2N2907 is a commonly available PNP bipolar junction transistor used for general purpose low-power amplifying or switching applications.
- Having a high value of current (max. 600 mA)
- Low voltage value (max. 40 V)
- Comes in different type of packages – TO-92, TO-18
- These are Lead (Pb) free devices
- Collector to Emitter voltage (VCEO) is 40v (max.)
- Collector to Base voltage (VCBO) is 60v (max.)
- Emitter to Base voltage(VEBO) is 5v (normally)
- Maximum value of Collector current is 600mA
- Power dissipation at ambient temperature is about 400mW
- Having DC current gain (hfe) of 100 to 300 (max.)
- Temperature of operation and storage is -65 to +150 °C
- Where amplification of low power is needed we use this transistor.
- It can also be used in the various switching applications.
- Used for making siren or dual Led or Lamp flasher.
- Can be used in Darlington Pair.