- Darlington Medium-power NPN Transistor
- High DC Current Gain (hFE), typically 1000
- Continuous Collector current (IC) is 5A
- Collector-Emitter voltage (VCE) is 100 V
- Collector-Base voltage (VCB) is 100V
- Emitter Base Voltage (VBE) is 5V
- Base Current(IB) is 120mA
- Available in To-220 Package
Where to TIP122
This transistor is known for its high current gain (hfe = 1000) and high collector current (IC =5A) hence it is normally used to control loads with high current or in applications where high amplification is required. This transistor has a low Base-Emitter Voltage of the only 5V hence can be easily controlled by a Logic device like microcontrollers. Although care has to be taken to check if the logic device can source up to 120mA.
So, if you looking for a transistor that could be easily controlled by a Logic device to switch high power loads or to amplify high current then this Transistor might be an ideal choice for your application.