four AND gates in the chip and each gate have two inputs, hence the name QUADRUPLE 2- INPUT AND GATE. The gates in the chip are designed by SCHOTTKY TRANSISTORS for high speed logic operations.
- Operating voltage range: +4.75 to +5.25V
- Recommended operating voltage: +5V
- Maximum supply voltage:7V
- Maximum current allowed to draw through each gate output: 8mA
- TTL outputs
- Low power consumption
- Typical Rise Time: 18ns
- Typical Fall Time: 18ns
- Operating temperature:0°C to 70°C
- Storage Temperature: -65°C to 150°C
SN54LS08, IC 7408, HEF4081, Any two transistors can be reconfigured to form a AND gate.
There are many applications of IC 74LS08. A few mentioned below.
- The chip is basically used where AND logic operation is needed. There are four AND gates in the chip, we can use one or all gates simultaneously.
- The chip is used in systems where high speed AND operation is needed. As mentioned earlier the gates in the chip are designed by SCHOTTKY TRANSISTORS to make the switching delays of gates less. Because of this the chip can be used for high speed AND operations.
- 74LS08 is one of cheapest IC present in market for AND logic operation. It is really popular and is available everywhere.
- The chip provides TTL outputs which are needed in some systems.