- 74LS04 is a member of 74XXYY IC series. The 74-series are digital logic integrated circuits,74LS04 IChas six NOT gates. These NOT gates perform Inverting function. Hence name HEX INVERTING GATES.
- Supply voltage range: +4.75V to +5.25V
- Maximum supply voltage: +7V
- Maximum current allowed to draw through each gate output: 8mA
- Totally lead free
- TTL outputs
- MaximumRise Time: 15ns
- Maximum Fall Time: 15ns
- Operating temperature:0°C to 70 °C
CD7404, 74LS14, A single transistor can be configured to form a NOT gate.
Where to Use SN74LS04 IC?
Here are few cases where 74LS04 is used.
- The chip is basically used where a logic inverter is needed. Inverter Gates in this chip provide output which is negated logic input. The chip has six gates which do NOT operation.
- When you want TTL outputs. The gates in this chip provide TTL logic outputs which are a must in some applications.
- 74LS04 is a low cost chip available in market and so it is used when application cost is low.