7905 is very common in electronic circuits. They provide a constant output voltage for a varied input voltage. In our case the 7905 IC is an negative 5V regulator, meaning it provides -5V as output.
- 5V Negative Voltage Regulator
- Output Voltage: -5V
- Output Current: 1.5A
- Minimum Input Voltage is 7V
- Maximum Input Voltage is 25V
- Operating current(IQ) is 5mA
- Internal Thermal Overload and Short circuit current limiting protection is available.
- Junction Temperature maximum 125 degree Celsius