LM741 operational amplifier is a DC-coupled high gain electronic voltage amplifier. It has only one op-amp inside. An operational amplifier IC is used as a comparator which compares the two signal, the inverting and non-inverting signal.
- LM741 has only one op-amp inside, there are some op-amp IC’s having more than one op-amp like LM358, LM148, LM248, LM348
- Provided with short circuit and overload protection.
- Low power consumption.
- Large common mode rejection ratio (CMRR) and differential voltage ranges.
- No external frequency compensation is required.
- Prevent from latch-up when common-mode range is exceeded.
- Minimum, normal and maximum Power Consumption for this IC is ±10v, ±15v and ±22v respectively.
- Operating temperature should be -50 to 125 ˚C.
- Supply current – 1.7 to 2.8mA.
- Soldering pin temperature – PDIP package – 260 ˚C (for 10 seconds – prescribed)
- TO-99 and CDIP – 300 ˚C (for 10 seconds – prescribed)