It is of non-sync type and can take in an input voltage 40V maximum and source an output current of 3A maximum with a peak efficiency of 90%.
- Switch mode step down voltage regulator
- Output Voltage for fixed voltage regulator: 3.3V, 5V, 12V or 15V
- Output Voltage for Variable type regulator: 1.23V to 37V
- Output Current: Upto 3A
- Maximum Input Voltage: 40V
- In-built Thermal Shutdown and Current Limit Protection
- Internal Oscillator: 52-kHz (Fixed Frequency)
- Used in battery circuits since they have high efficiency
- Step-down Linear regulators
- Used in small SMPS circuits
- Can also be used to source negative voltage.