6N137 is a High Speed Optocoupler or Optoisolator. As we know the term Optocoupler/optoisolater means we use light to indirectly couple (isolate) two sets of circuits. The speciality of 6N137 is that it has a high speed LED and hence can switch at 10Mbit/sec the output is NAND gate logic with an open drain transistor as one input and Enable pin as another input.
- High Speed Optocoupler (10Mbit/s)
- Maximum Supply voltage: 7V (Typically 5V)
- Input forward voltage: 1.1V to 1.7V
- Minimum Logic high voltage: 2V
- Maximum Logic low voltage: 0.8V
- Output sink current: 7mA (max)
- Propagation delay: 50ns (approx)