Zener Diode is a silicon semiconductor device that permits current to flow in either a forward or reverse direction. The diode consists of a special, heavily doped p-n junction, designed to conduct in the reverse direction when a certain specified voltage is reached.
- Voltage Vz: The Zener voltage refers to 16V
- Current Iz (max.): 200 uA to 200 A)
- Current Iz (min.): 5 mA and 10 mA.
- Power rating: 1 W
- Voltage tolerance: Typically ±5%.
- Package: Leaded devices and the surface mount either as discrete devices or within integrated circuits.
- Zener resistance (Rz): The diode exhibits some resistance as evident from the IV characteristics.