A diode is a device which allows current flow through only one direction. That is the current should always flow from the Anode to cathode. The cathode terminal can be identified by using a grey bar as shown in the picture above.
- Average forward current is 3A
- Forward Voltage drop is 1.2V
- Non-repetitive Peak current is 200A
- Peak Reverse current is 10uA.
- Repetitive reverse voltage is 400V
- Maximum RMS Voltage is 280V
- Can be used to prevent reverse polarity problem
- HV supplies
- Half Wave and Full Wave rectifiers
- Used as a protection device
- Current flow regulators